long live alexander mcqueen

I saw this image and it took my breath away – again. From his spring 07 collection, this dress along with every other piece in his collection was breathless. While being credited for being one of his best collections it was filled with everything McQueen was known for. With the combination of romance and darkness paired with luxurious textures and colours, the clothes emitted an overwhelming number of emotions. So when I saw this image being used to advertise for his upcoming retrospective at the Metropolitan Museum of Art all those emotions came flooding back.



So this dress has now become an inspirational stepping point for how I want to shop for my special wardrobe pieces.  This dress is filled with elegance, rawness, richness, texture, movement, and uniqueness. Every time I look at this picture, I see something new that catches my eye.
It really is a true work of art.